there have been all kinds of variations on the "hidden track" from long silences followed by a tiny clip to multiple blank tracks followed by a bonus song. the only thing I personally have against them is when there is a long silence because it really messes up a good random play mix.
how do you feel?
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I loved them when it was a new idea. but, somewhere down the road everyone started to do it. then it wasn't something that the band wanted to give to there geeky fans( like a bonus for being a geek). it became a gimmick. does anyone know who was the first band to do this?
Yeah, in these days of digitizing our music collection, it's kind of annoying when you shuffle your ipod and get 20 min of silence after a song. The first hidden track I ever heard was Green Day's "Dookie." I'm sure that's not the first one ever done, but was my first experience with it.
Brandon, your first problem is: It's an iPod...... lol
I personally have never heard a hidden track that was worth all the effort whilst using an mp3 player.
Although, I don't know if this qualifies, but the second half of "Lotus" from Minus the Bear's latest album: AWESOME. If you don't mind a full minute of near silence.
great white in the 80's had a hidden track off one of there albums called "Wasted rock ranger"... at least i think it was hidden.
quite a bit of interesting trivia on hidden tracks here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_track
of course the beatles get mentioned as one of the first ever to do something like this =)
Post a Comment