- Star Wars (Original Trilogy) - all of the music but specifically: The Imperial March / The Force Theme
- Across The Universe - interesting versions of Beatles songs
- August Rush - Kaki King's guitar work in the movie
- Get Shorty - Funky bass lines and horns
- Immortal Beloved - Moonlight Sonata, Fur Elise
- O' Brother Where Art Thou? - The Soggy Bottom Boys! lol
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Favorite Movie Soundtrack?
What are some of your favorite movie soundtracks and why? Click here for some ideas. Just off the top of my head and in no certain order, some of mine are:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
the last music soundtrack i listened to was Footloose and I STILL have a soft spot in my heart for many of those corny songs! Recently while watching LOST I thought about how funny it would be to listen to THAT soundtrack full of tense cello playing and sporadic one note piano 'solos'
I just remembered that I once had the Visionquest movie soundtrack on tape and i'm pretty sure that came out after Footloose so perhaps that was the last soundtrack i actually listened to outside of the movie theater.
I always liked the Friday soundtrack (the one with all the old school songs on it). I always thought the Old School soundtrack would be funny with Will Ferrell singing dust in the wind. I've heard the walk the Line soundtrack too and like that.
My sister had Top Gun and Footloose too so I like the old corny stuff myself.
We used to listen to and / or watch Vision Quest before wrestling matches...lol
The Friday soundtrack is great as well. Top Gun was cool...especially learning the Top Gun theme on guitar!
I liked the Forrest Gump soundtrack. They really picked good songs that captured the time period.
I liked the Back to the Future soundtrack because at one point Huey Lewis was king.
I also really liked the Elizabethtown soundtrack because it got me into Wheat and other songs I have never heard.
Pump up the volume-it has mc5-kick out the jams...ivan nevell- why can't i fall...concrete blond-everybody knows...soundgarden- heretic....sonic youth- titanium exposes and much more.
Great expectations- mono- life in mono....chris cornell-sunshower...duncan sheik-wishful thinking....poe-today.....the verve pipe.....her ornament
reality bites- the knack-my sharona....juliana hatfield three- spin the bottle...lisa loeb-stay....u2-all i want is you...crowed house- locked out....ethan hawke- i'm nothin'.....squeeze- tempted...big mountain- baby i love your way...
or if you like elo -Xanadu
remo&juliet 1996- Radiohead- talk show host....man thats all it needs!!!!!!!!!! I think that thats one of their best songs.
So, Scotty, you guys listened to Madonna's song "Crazy for You" before wrestling matches!? heh heh
..umm, and who said that Huey Lewis is not king anymore!?!
"umm, and who said that Huey Lewis is not king anymore!?!"
The 90's ;-)
Nathan..I have all of those soundtracks too, with the exception of Xanadu..and they are good. I need to pull them out & listen again since I haven't listened to them in a long time...I too had the Top Gun sound track on cassette but soon tired of it due to: Kenny Loggins and Miami Sound Machine and Teena Marie
I really like Across the Universe: Interesting and well. Also, Empire Records has always been one of my favorite soundtracks: Toad, Better Than Ezra, Gin Blossoms, and a bunch of bands you never heard of with great songs = some great 90's music
Oops, I didn't finish my comment on Across the Universe. I was going to say: Interesting and well performed arrangements of the original music.
Post a Comment