sorry for all the lists recently but i can't stop thinking of topics to ask your opinion on.
here is the rules for this most embarrassing music list:
you must own this music currently and you have to have played it within the past year's time.
in other words, it is something you like, and listen to occasionally, but you aren't proud to tell other people.
please note why it's embarrassing, and if you can provide a link so we can enjoy it's embarrassing-ness that would be most excellent (Amazon.com is a great way to find free clips of songs)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
ok, after review i realize that i have entirely too much embarrassing music but i've narrowed my choice down to my Go West CD
it has all the necessary embarrassing features including glam-boy 80's pics on the front cover, extensive keyboards, and loads of those catchy pop lyrics...
but i love it. one saving grace is that it has lots of solos from a session guitar player named Alan Murphy who could wail on the diatonic scales like nobody's business... until he died of AIDS.
All of Linda's CD's?
Probably John Mayer cause of his combination excessively sensitive songs and the cheesy o-faces he makes when he plays guitar. I should probably be more embarrassed than I am but I guess I have no shame cause I still dig his songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzb-Pbtr1U4
lol, c'mon Scotty don't be a party-pooper... I know you can come up with something better than blaming your wife... unless YOU buy CD's for "her" when they are really for yourself. But I can't believe a guy who grew up listening to 80's metal can't find his own skeleton's...
Johnny, yeah Mayer really tries to capitalize on his 'feelings' but at least he can back it up with some great solos (like in Gravity)... so is that the best you can do or is everyone too afraid to reveal their most embarrassing stuff?
Well it is hard to answer cause it is more that I have plenty of embarrassing songs but not really embarrassing albums. I made an 80's mixtape of all my air conditioner songs (songs you roll up the window and turn the air conditioner on). Stuff like mandolin rain by Bruce Hornsby, Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes, Cutting Crew's "(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight" aka misuse of italics, The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics. As I said in an earlier post. I had a long period of listening to crappy WMEE music and that era hasn't left me. Is that embarrassing enough? Sorry to be embarrassing in my embarrassing songs but that's all I got captain.
Mandolin Rain
Bette Davis Eyes
(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight
The Living Years
I don't really have any cd's. Before the "great purge" of our music, vhs, books and dvd's I would probably have a long list. I just went and stared at our cd's trying to find something...but I'm not embarrassed by any of it.
Stuff that I have that someone other than me might be embarrassed by:
Elvis
Abba
Neil Diamond
There are definitely some cd's that Linda has purchased that I would claim part ownership that I guess could be embarrassing:
Dixie Chicks
Kelly Clarkson
Next time you're over you can look through our cd's. All 40 of them. I did go through a brief country music phase about 10 years ago. I think the Garth Brooks, Tanya Tucker and Clint Black cds might be mine...ugh.
any music form counts so long as you still play it (whew! I don't have to count my entire cassette tape collection i have in storage)
heh heh Bette Davis Eyes and Tanya Tucker ...n i c e thanks for sharing.
Part of this kinda feeds into my whole theory about music, that sometimes we like a song because of WHEN we listened to it and the things we were living thru at that time in our lives... regardless of whether it was "good" music or not, it means something to us for some reason.
This phenomena could partially explain the view that there is far less "good" music these days, since our life has changed so dramatically since the good ol teen days of somewhat ignorant bliss.
I agree. The fun part is listening to that song and being transported back to the moment or feeling. It's amazing how music can do that.
Linda reminded me of Toby Keith. Yeah, Toby rocks. Next time you're over, ask me to play Toby's song Jackie Don Tucker on my guitar. Yee Haw! :-D
any song with lyrics that include "cop-a-feelin son-of-a-gun" has got to be fun to play/sing... but I guess you need a hat to do it right.
kind like how i love playing "Talk Dirty to Me" just for fun and giggles.
LOL! Exactly!!
I love some sugarcult!!!!or neil diamond but, I'm not so ashamed with that..oh yeahh....here we go Barry Manalow...yeah thats it.
Post a Comment