...reminds you of some horrible chain of events, or completely misguided decision some time in the past?
Personally, the more I try to rid myself of the abomination called "Recovery Room Commercial v7.8", starring Nathan, John, Larry, and myself, the more it comes out and haunts me.
Example: Today, in my errand-running activities (The bank, and a Goodwill store) I heard the radio version of the commercial a total of THREE times! Twice at Goodwill, once at the bank.
Example 2: After being convinced the abomination had crawled into a hole and died, finally, I was reminded by FOUR people in one day of window cleaning that they had seen the commercial within the last week or so, and they just thought it was fantastic.
Perhaps there's a similar case out there, where you hear a song/album, and think, "Man, whatever it is I'm remembering was dumb at the time!"
In my case. Thursday's album : Full Collapse was the first album I ever had in my first car. Man I hate that car. Love the album. But honestly, should have gone with the '72 Volare! The Nissan was a pit.
What about y'all?
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I like the Recovery Room commercial.
Particular album or song...hmmm...probably any of the heavy metal I used to listen to in high school was linked to something stupid I did! I wish I could remember what tape (yes, cassette tape) I was looking for when I rear ended that car the first week I had my license :-D
That wasn't a commercial! That was PRACTICING! No one told us we were recording cause if they did we might have been a little more enthusiastic.
And as far as an album it would have to be U2's Achtung Baby cause that was what I was listening to during my tortured/bad decisions teen days.
see! i KNEW U2 was evil!!! ;-)
we need someone to upload the famous Recovery Room commercial to YouTube so that our non-local friends can enjoy it too =)
Yes please...
Yes! Upload! Upload!
I would say "november Rain" from your User of Ill. gnr...
that was playing in the background as i got dumped by my first fience.. Little did I know she saved me alot of time and pain...I should really thank her.But, for at least 2or 3 years after i coludn't stand that song or album..
Post a Comment