It's good to set daily goals. My goal today is to NOT watch American Idol tonight.
One of the gifts of singleness not mentioned in the Bible is 100% complete control of the remote! For us married folk, there's a dreaded ten letter word...C O M P R O M I S E. The New Scotty Dictionary defines compromise as: To compromise is to make a deal where someone, usually the husband, gives up part of, or generally all of his decision making in order to preserve peace. =) Try as I might, I fear I will once again lose the annual battle to not watch American Idol.While looking for something music related to blog about, I came across the following top 5 reasons to watch season 9 of AI. How about posting your top reason to watch or not watch AI? Do I have to pick a Metallica fight with Chad again to get some comments on this blog?? =)
Ø 5. To erase the memory of Adam Lambert: Some people liked Adam Lambert better when he sang all serious and emotional. Some liked him better when he screeched out his caterwauling notes. I like him the way he is now – gone and, when the new season starts, totally forgotten.
Ø 4. Get a last look at the show before Ellen DeGeneres totally ruins it: Don’t get me wrong; I actually like Ellen on her show. But she’s a comedian who knows absolutely nothing about music and will cheapen the show simply by being on it. When she joins, it’s no longer a serious evaluation of professional music talent. Her defense that she’s “a fan of music” is absurd. I have a deep interest in law, but that doesn’t make me a Supreme Court judge.
Ø 3. See how bad the show has gotten: The bad auditions stopped being interesting on the second season, when people started showing up even they knew they had no talent – or worse, made themselves even weirder -- just to try to get on TV. It has gotten progressively worse because FOX thinks such auditions are worth watching.
Ø 2. See Simon one last time: Like it or not, Cowell made the show. He was honest, sometimes brutally, but nearly always spot on (until the Lambert debacle, that is). The show’s last leg will be kicked out from beneath it when he leaves.
Ø 1. Against all odds, someone really talented and different may appear: Yeah, I know, that’s not gonna happen. But it’s nice to dream.
3 comments:
it's dead jim
even a Metallica fight can't bring it back. People are too lazy, dumb, or busy pushing "Like" buttons on Facebook to have meaningful discussions about music. But if you do lose the battle this year you can still claim victory in the "no facebook" war ;-)
But seeing the time right now, I will keep my comments short
5) I fortunately have no memories or knowledge of Adam Lambert other than I know he did some gay stuff on TV... is that news?
4) Ellen is gonna judge? wow. you watch her show!?!? WOW. Could she look more like a boy? Well I guess they will need some comedy relief if Simon is gone.
3) The auditions are the only thing I could stand to watch because I would get to make fun of sucky people and because there is NO plethora of pregnant pauses while we come back after this commercial for the result
2) Simon IS the show in my opinion. I haven't watched it in years but his judgment was always spot-on in my opinion.
1) Possible, but would their talent be crushed by the megalithic contract it would be under?
No, I don't watch Ellen. That Top 5 was someone else's that I found on the web.
Death to Facebook! Linda closed her account.
Like!
Post a Comment