Monday, May 11, 2009

music soothes the savage beast

Today was a bad day for me and when I got into my car no average music will do.I made a cd for just this day . heres some of the songs on it. "kick out the jams"-mc5(clean)....."Winder"-hum.....,"leave me alone"-extreme....,"one angry dwarf"-ben folds....and others... so ,If you were to make a cd of this nature what would be on it????

6 comments:

sean3000 said...

cool topic... are we talking a "take out frustration" CD or more of a calming CD to mellow you out?

Scott said...

Back in the day, for frustration, I always liked Metallica's Master of Puppets album. Older and wiser and for either frustration or calming, I listen to Kingdom Melodies or Classical and drink a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks ;-D

nwbenson said...

Sean I would say whatever works for that momment. so , if you want to be mad then list which songs. if you want to calm down do the same.

sean3000 said...

for drastic mood changes i usually gravitate toward those CD's that i like EVERY song and i can just play it start to finish and sing along. The Bluetones , Huffamoose , Cake , and Hum are all good ones for me.
I do occasionally pan through the mp3 player and pick and choose some 'special' songs but i never thought of burning a cd just for that purpose... what happens if you don't have your CD when you need it? "if only Nathan would have had his special CD he might not have committed suicide in his car..."? =P

Emerson Bigguns said...

I love harder versions of old songs like Seether: careless whisper, Metallica : stone cold crazy
I also like Breaking Benjamin Megadeth or Pantera if I am in the mood to just rock

sean3000 said...

I just heard the Careless Whisper cover today on my way home from work...good song! funny that the only good Seether song I've heard was originally a song by WHAM! But it does prove my theory that a good song is a good song no matter what genre it is in, it can be good in all of them.