Saturday, January 31, 2009

Morbid thought

What song (other than kingdom melodies) would you want to be played at your funeral ?

13 comments:

sean3000 said...

lol at the moment of my death or at the funeral?

nwbenson said...

the funeral

The Moopes said...

I'm not trying to be facetious but if music was being played (which I wouldn't want anything non Kingdom Melodies) really think I'd want it to be something totally off the wall and/or off topic. Like "I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson" or the Empire's theme music from Star Wars.

But then again I am dead so I really don't have a leg to stand on what is played.

nwbenson said...

I always thought it would be funny to play a clip of the movie "that thing you do" when the lead singer sings...." I quit....snap snap...I quit....snap snap I quit"....or Jim Carroll-"people who died"
If I wanted everyone to cry I think I would play "old and wise"-alan Parson or even their song"time".
I don't really know .

rcavanah said...

Gonna have to go with the music from this scene from Bananas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqsda-1h_y8

rcavanah said...

(i mean the montage music, not the thing the castro guy sings).

sean3000 said...

LOL good choice reed (is that a kazoo?) ... funny too cause the first song i thought of was "fancy pants" which has a similar feel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRQTMvRfyQ
but i'd guess that everyone else at my funeral would wanna play something more like Denis Leary's famous song... *ahem*
i don't think i'd want any k.melodies at my funeral since none of them are about me personally ;-)

Anonymous said...

Do they play anything other than Kingdom Melodies? Is this a trick? Is this going to be sent to the CO?? :-D

Jerr-Dan said...

"Circle of Life" by Elton John.

Or really, any song that would have been someone's favorite BEFORE I died. Ruined.

sean3000 said...

yeah what is the deal with Kingdom Melodies at funerals? is that just to make sure that every time we hear that song again we get depressed? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Along the lines of Jordan's thought...I want mine to be whatever the #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 charts is at the time of my death.

If I died today it would be Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" LOL!

Unknown said...

If I could choose the song to be played at my funeral, it would have to be Randy Newman's Short People. I think it would make me feel a lot better about the being dead, and all. 'Cause... 'least I'm not short.

sean3000 said...

LOL it's the little things in life that make it worth living.... oops, was that a weak pun or what? (and i didn't even try it in Spanish ;-)